Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
Your desktops and applications are vital aspects of your company’s workflow. You likely rely on an in-house IT team and physical infrastructure to support these desktops, but another strategy may be more suitable for accommodating your needs.
Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) is a modern solution for businesses that need more efficient IT management. As desktop virtualization service providers in NJ, Ascendant Technologies, Inc. creates virtual desktops that reflect your company’s needs.
What Is a VDI, and How Is it Beneficial?
Virtual desktop infrastructure involves a provider hosting desktop environments on a central server. Providers deliver these desktops over virtual machines (VMs) to their clients via any connected device. Once a client has gained access to the desktop, they can interact with the operating system and apps as they would with a local system.
With a virtual desktop setup, companies can reap many benefits. Advantages of VDI include:
- Accessibility: VDI allows teams to send desktops to any device in their network, making it easy for companies to implement remote and traveling teams. It also supports Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) arrangements in the office to limit the need for computers and personalize employees’ workflows to suit their needs.
- Centralization: With all desktop configurations coming from a single source, administrators can quickly release updates and modify all desktops at once. Ongoing updates support greater efficiency and reduce downtime on the job.
- Cost: Physical hardware comes with several costs, from initial purchase to required maintenance. VDI allows teams to reduce these expenses with decreased storage requirements and simple updates.
- Security: A VDI provider has access to all data from their central server. With regular monitoring and employee authentication protocols, VDIs can support security more than physical infrastructure. If a laptop is stolen, the provider can eliminate the connection with the device to prevent data theft. When a device breaks or fails, the data will remain safe on the central server.
- Flexibility: One challenge of physical infrastructure is scaling with the business. Adding new equipment is expensive, and you may still fail to meet workflow requirements in a growing company. VDI scales with your business. Your provider can adapt your desktop according to your needs so that you always have the functions and storage necessary for success.
- Simplicity: If you’ve operated with a physical server, you know how complicated it can get. VDI is simple. Your team can perform without disorganized server rooms and an in-house IT team to deliver updates and fix problems. You rely on your provider, and they ensure everything meets your needs.
Choose Ascendant for Desktop Virtualization Services in NJ
Ascendant Technologies, Inc. provides virtual desktop deployment in NJ to support your virtual computing. Our VDI services help you implement custom desktops for your employees that represent your workflow. We find the appropriate storage, applications and functions to give you the best results. With our team, you gain:
- 24/7 technical support.
- Ongoing cybersecurity monitoring.
- An efficient desktop setup.
With over 25 years as a managed service provider (MSP), Ascendant offers VDI solutions for companies of all sizes.